As finals week looms in the immediate future, the many libraries on campus are filled with students from the University trying to cram as much as possible before they take their respective finals. Gorgas library, UA's biggest library, is open 24 hours a day for those who need to do some serious studying throughout the late night hours. Most students have been worrying about their finals for a couple weeks now. Trying to raise their overall grades in the class just in case the final doesn't turn out as planned. I only have 3 finals this week. However, I need to get A's on all 3 in order to get A's in the class. This pressure to try and keep my GPA around 4.0 is killing me, especially since I'm trying to keep it as high as possible to help my chances of getting into law school.
There are two things about finals I can't figure out. The first is Dead Week. This week is anything but dead. I have been in college for 2 semesters now, and the 2 dead weeks have been the 2 busiest weeks of the year for me. The University needs to re-evaluate Dead Week in my opinion. They either need to eliminate it all together and just use it as a regular week, or make it a true Dead Week and actually enforce the no tests/assignments due for the week. The second thing I can't figure out about finals is why some people(namely many of my friends) slack of so hard during the semester and watch their grades plummet, then try and cram as much information into their brains right before their final. They think that some how they can learn the information for the 1st time since they didn't learn it when it was being taught, and pull out some high grade on their final. It would be so much easier to just do what you are supposed to througout the semester and then make finals a lot easier on yourself. I guess some people haven't figured that out yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thanks for the sermon brother nick...it really hit home. Good luck with your tests.
oh and you do realize that I just did my 14th post which now means that I have one more than you.
Post a Comment