Thursday, April 24, 2008
The Quad
Everyday I have to walk through the Quad to get to at least one of my classes. I never realized how much of an epicenter it really is. I have been to other college campuses where the Quad really is the center of the campus, with classrooms sitting directly on it and it actually being a quad shape. So when I came here, I was a little dissapointed, but didn't really think that much about it. Now that the weather is nice, more and more people are heading out to the Quad and using it in many different ways. Pick-up games of ultimate frisbee and football frequent the Quad. On some days it looks like the Westminster Dog Show out there, with numerous breeds of dogs walking and playing with their owners on the Quad. Next year when I move into my apartment, I plan on getting a dog, so I'm sure I will join the dog show. There are also many people studying, reading, and just relaxing on the grass. It really is a nice place to escape to and bask in the great Alabama springtime weather. However, with every pass I make through the quad, I can't help but think how many of my tuition dollars are spent to keep that grass the greenest it can be. It is a perfect lawn in the middle of the campus. I guess no matter how much money the University spends on keeping it looking perfect, it really is a selling point of the University and is a great place to spend some time in great weather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
NIck your getting a puppy? I'm so jealous. I want one but my mom said she is not paying for a dog to go to college. :)
The quad really is a great place. It is so pretty and one of the first things you see when you come into campus. I am getting a puppy next year too and cannot wait to join the dog club either!
The quad is really nice! But I personally don't enjoy the little dog shows that they have on the quad. I'm fond of dogs, but too many at one time is nerve-racking to me!!
hey man what apartment are you gonna live in if you don't mind me asking?
I'm trying to find one that will let me keep a dog for rabbits ...University Village has an under 20lbs rule and that would be stretching it...
Post a Comment